Freitag, 29. August 2014

Rock 'n' Roll radio

Same day. Same city. Same store. Totally different record.


V/A - cruisin' 1957 LP - 1983 Increase Records INCM 2002


This is the 3rd record of what is a perfect compilation series that I own now. I think the first one I picked up was 1959. Then it was 1955 and now I scored right inbetween the two. All of those records feature sets by radio dh's from the mid 50s on through to the late 60s. Including all the original jingles and ads perfectly capturing the mood of the time. A truly historic record of the year each instalment represents.


Discogs lists two different pressings. The first one from 1970 and another one from 1986. My copy is from 1983 though and has a slightly different track list to either of those listed on Discogs. Seems that with every pressing they used a different day's recording. Interesting. I'll most definitely keep my radar tuned in on these.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen