Freitag, 29. August 2014

not the VIP you probably think of

actually not even VIP but The V.I.P.'s. They were a Power Pop band that released 6 eps between '78 and '81. This compilation compiles all of these:


The V.I.P.'s - beat crazy! The best of the V.I.P.'s LP - 1997 Waterson Records WAIN 41


Yesterday I listened to a few Power Pop 7"es that I had downloaded and most of these didn't really appeal to me. There is a very thin line dividing the good from the bad and it seems the good section is pretty small. My ears only like those bands that have this certain raw, kinda punk feeling to it. If they don't have that it's just boring Beat or standard Pop music. A few tracks really stood out though. Among those were each song that came on from this record.


It's chock full of hits. As you might guess from a Best of record but it's not really a best of. More of a discography as there is every song on here that I know they released.
The original 7"es are not that expensive but this is a good point to get to know the band and to be honest who puts on all the 7"es? This is way more convenient and in a much better way than any CD or mp3.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen