Donnerstag, 4. Dezember 2014

That's a lot of questions

December finally sees things slowing down so I have a bit of time on my hands to do nice things with friends and family and to post some more records. So here we go


Weirdos - Who? What? When? Where? Why? 12" - 1979 BOMP! Records BLP-4007























Those first two Weirdos 7"es are among the best early US punk releases which is why I love that band. On their later material, starting with this release, they lean more towards the Rock in Punk Rock but it's still great. Just not for the punk purist.






















This is the original US pressing which is different to the german pressing I already owned before picking this one up. The cover is slightly altered and the labels are nowhere near those of the german pressing. But the main difference is the order of the songs. While the Line Records version has Jungle Rock as the sole track on Side A and all the other songs on the flip the original has Jungle Rock slipped in as the third of the 6 songs which are divided equally between the two sides. No idea why they thought it was a good idea to single out one track and dedicate a whole side of a 12" to it's 3:13 min. duration. An extended version would have made a bit of sense but like that?
Anyway. Now I have a copy that makes more sense to me and only still need the french pressing. And I'm sure once I have that I also want the german repress which I now think I don't really need.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen