Donnerstag, 4. Dezember 2014

Randale Reaper

Ok. Let's go crazy

Sheer Terror - standing up for falling down LP - 2014 Reaper Records RR68 and Randale Records RAN175























Can you tell they're one of my favorite bands? I'm still missing way too many versions of older releases and nearly didn't get the most limited color of this one on Reaper either. Luckily one of those damn flipsters wasn't too greedy so I grabbed it right away and here we are






















Top row are the three color variations on Randale Records from Germany.
White w/ blue swirl /250
White w/ red purple swirl /250
Black /?

Bottom row are the Reaper Records pressings
Translucent blue / solid pink split vinyl /700
Purple /1000
Blue w/ purple haze /300
I couldn't for the life of me get that most ltd. color not to look black in the family picture so I took this one:





























As you can see there's really just a bit of a purple haze in there. I'm wondering if that's what most copies look like. I know not all do. Maybe I have to get another copy. Damn!
























Above you can see the different ways of providing the lyrics. Reaper went for a printed innersleeve with a nice picture on the back while Randale provides a poster-insert which is pretty rad too.


























Musically I wasn't really sure what to expect from this release and I have to admit I was a little scared at first because the Spite 7" wasn't their best material but while the LP has one or the other track like that it still came out great. Those few songs sound more like one of those run of the mill nyhc clone bands these days only with a good dose of the genuine Sheer Terror sound which makes them heaps better already. Most of the songs though are true Sheer Terror material with 'Coffee, 5 sugar' being my absolute favorite. It's so good I consider it one of the best songs any incarnation of the band ever wrote. Definitely worth the money although I could easily have lived without a german pressing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen