Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2014

Can't close my 12" eyes

I saved todays best for last

Youth Of Today - can't close my eyes 12" - 1988 Schism, Caroline Records CAROL 1353












































I have to admit not being the biggest YOT fan. I like everything they did but I never understood the kind of love some people feel for them.
Having said this it might not be hard for you to believe that I heard these songs for the first time when I put the needle to this record. Now I can understand a little better why people are into Youth Of Today the way they are. Before this I most appreciated them for the fact that they are the originators of the Youth Crew style and were very important for Hardcore in general.












































As most of you will know Can't Close My Eyes was originally issued as a 7" on Positive Force Records with I don't know how many variations and different pressings. Ultimately Schism decided to also do a 12" repress and what you see here is the 2nd pressing on that format.
Still looking for a first press of this for my Schism collection. Maybe that one actually has the track We Just Might from the Another Shot For Bracken compilation on it. This one doesn't although it's listed on the backcover.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen