Freitag, 12. Dezember 2014

13 knots years later birth is still pain

Ringworm - birth is pain LP - 2011 Victory Records VR167-LP-TN

























I see people religiously buying each and every pressing of any given Integrity record. Where are the people who do that with Ringworm? In my eyes that would make way more sense. At least the didn't put out batshit crazy stuff at some point and then worked their way backwards again when they (or maybe just he) saw that no one walked down that road with them (him).
'The Promise' is still one of the best metallic hardcore records ever and this one is no snoozefest either. Too bad it was originally only released on CD in 2001. I was so hoping for the vinyl to be dropped. But then they just released the next full length as a CD only and so my interest faded.
Fast forward 10 years and there it was finally someone treated those songs right. And before I had realised what had happened the next two album were given the same treatment and I was overwhelmed. All this time later they decide to put out those recordings out on wax at about the same time in I don't know how many different pressings?! I wasn't having it and decided not to pick up any of those.






















Fast forward a few more years and me having seen the LPs a couple of times in different locations I started feeling it again. More new albums hit the market and none of them was really bad. In fact I really liked the little bits I heard here and there until finally I decided I had to have at least one pressing of each of their records on vinyl.
So here I am starting with their 2nd full length. 13 years (how appropriate to buy this now if you take a look at the cover) after it's original release there still is hardly (if any) other album of this genre that can hold a candle to 'Birth Is Pain' and they still carry the torch with their latest releases.
It was kinda cheap and for all I know all the later albums are also not expensive. Yet it might take a while until you'll see me post about a new addition to my Ringworm family. Had they not let me down with those CD only releases for 10 years I would probably be following them a lot more closely but anyway I still respect the hell out of them. They sure have a lot more integrity than that other band.

PS:
Don't get me wrong I love that early Integrity material but they totally lost it after Humanity Is The Devil while Ringworm are still keeping their shit in the right place.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen