Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2015

sxe sells

V/A - sxe sells LP - 2014 Cobra Records CR-60











































I bought this pretty late. It was out for I don't know how long already and I always meant to pick up a copy but for some reason I didn't want to spend postage on it. But then we did a show with Give, Minutes and Echoes. It was a great night. Unfortunately I didn't catch either Minutes' or Echoes' set because I had to take care of other things. The down side of organising shows. You book bands you like and more often than you'd like to you don't get to see them. But what I heard was great. Unfortunately two members of Echoes couldn't make it to the show but instead of cancelling they got Bigma (of Mainstrike and Birds Of A Feather fame) to fill in on vocals and decided to play a sweet cover set. Nice! Of course Give played a killer set as usual. I think it was at least the third time I saw them. If they would play around here every month I guess I'd be there every time if possible.

After the show I grabbed this LP  from Echoes who contributed to it and therefore had a few copies for sale. MDMA, Xwalk awayX and Echoes are really good. Constrict are even a little better if you like that 90s militant vegan sound. But Hangin' Tough and Last Warning are killing it. Definitely the best songs on this 12". As much as I like Hangin' Tough I have to say that the Last Warning track on here is more interesting. Each contribution to this this piece of wax was previously unreleased. Except for one of the two HT songs which was already on the 7" on Good Intentions HC and their other one is 'wound up' from REV 1 so this is why LW got them beat. Their song I didn't know before. The rest of the bands are not bad but somewhat don't hit home with me. All together it's a nice varied compilation but because I'm quite bored with 9 out of 15 bands I will probably not break this out again anytime soon. I guess it's the curse of the compilation.











































I think there were 3 different vinyl colors pressed and all of them used the same colors as the layout. I like that. It's the best choice you can make when pressing color vinyl. The wax has to match the rest of the layout otherwise I don't see the point and prefer black. In this case there is no standard black vinyl pressing though and the choices available all looked ok so I didn't mind. Which is why I had  Marc (from Echoes) pull a random copy out of the box and that's the one I documented just now.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen