Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2015

blues fix

The Cramps - blues fix 10" - 2014 Big Beat Records BLUE 1










































Yet another Stockholm buy. That city is so beautiful and full of record stores. Definitely worth a trip. Next time maybe not in the fall when the weather is not too good. With some more sun it might be up there with Antwerp, Hamburg, London and Vienna.

But whatevers. This tenner is one of two records I picked up at what looked like a chainstore for all things music related. Vinyl, CDs, books, mugs, jigsaw puzzles of legendary album covers and I think even T-Shirts. Naturally I didn't expect too much from this one but of course checked it out anyway and boy was I in for a surprise. Both records I picked up I had no idea even existed. While it was pretty obvious that one was a new Leonard Cohen full length I had no idea what that Cramps record was. Even the guy from the store asked me if I knew anything about that release. He was just as clueless as I was at the time.






























Now I know that what I scored is a new Re-Issue of a one time only CD single pressing (or is 'burned' the correct term here??) originally released in 1992 to accompany the 'Look mom no head' album. I didn't know about this one at all because I usually disregard CD releases. It's great they finally made this available on vinyl. All four songs are covers and if I remember correctly those songs have not been officially released anywhere else except for the first one which can also be found on the above mentioned record. 'It's mighty crazy' is a great mid tempo hit. Glad I found this.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen