Donnerstag, 28. August 2014

Toxic Town

Now this RSD release I was completely unaware of.

Toxic Reasons - ghost town 7" - Beer City Records BCR174-7 - RSD 2014 blue vinyl


I got introduced to Toxic Reasons in the mid 90s but somehow back then it didn't stick. Maybe I heard some later stuff. I don't remember.
About 10 years later I picked up their split 7" with Zero Boys. Obviously because of the Zero Boys side. But I had to admit that the Toxic Reasons track on there wasn't quite as bad as what I had heard prior to that. Still it didn't sit well enough with me to seek out more.
But most likely because of that split it was a no brainer to pick up this RSD release.


It's their 2nd 7" from 1981 and it's a lot better than anything I had ever heard by that band.
The title track is too long and a snooze fest for the most part but when they speed it up it's pretty ok. So I probably won't be listening to Side A again anytime soon.
Side B is a whole different story though. Great fast early US Midwest HC with strong UK 77 influences which gives a sort of an Oi feel. Now that's the shit I do like.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen