Donnerstag, 28. August 2014

getting the fear

Poison Idea truly are a great band with shitloads of great collectible releases. For me though just having any pressing of their releases does just fine.
Following that line of reasoning I was really looking forward to purchasing this Reissue Store Day release

Poison Idea - getting the fear 7" - TKO ROUND 201 - RSD 2014


While the original was a 12" TKO went with the 7" format for this re-release. Yet it knocked me on my ass when I saw that price tag. WTF is wrong with people? Seems like RSD actually has become Cashing In Day for a few labels/distributors while record store owners have to take the rap for those outrageous prices.


You might rightfully ask why I bought it anyway. Well, despite the price tag I think that TKO did a very good job on this one keeping everything as close to the original as possible. Also I probably would have never picked up an OG copy because it demands quite a bit more than this one. Meaning if I wanted to own a pressing of this PI release this was my best shot at it.

It's good to see though that not everybody is as stupid as I am. Discogs is flooded with copies of this pressing. Right now I could order one from the US and get it (including postage) for the same price I paid when I picked it up in a store over here. haha. The joys of Record Store Day.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen