Samstag, 9. August 2014

Morrissey's arsenal

Recently every jackass is on about how vinyl is back. Back from where? Did it go anywhere? As far as I can remember it's always been here. Maybe your insignificant little Indie sensation only put out their idea of music on this transitional medium called the Compact Disc. And certainly major labels didn't clog all channels with the millionth repress of records that are filling bins in record stores already. But almost every album, ep or single I like was pressed onto vinyl.

Unfortunately though during the nineties some releases were only made available on vinyl in relatively small numbers. Trying to get those now is not that easy and draws a little more blood than records by the same artist from let's say the 80s when albums were pressed in large numbers and in many different countries at the same time. One of those rather pricey items got an upgrade lately:

 

Morrissey - your arsenal LP Parlophone CSDX 7390A, Parlophone 825646348831

After originally being issued in a few countries in 1992 the album has already been repressed on vinyl once in 2002 but this time around they perfected the release. If OG wouldn't always beat any and all descendents the fine gatefold packaging with the great bandphoto on the inside would transcend this version to be the only one you'd actually need if you're seriously collecting Morrissey but are not into owning multiple copies.

I do collect Morrissey vinyl but not seriously so I'm very satisfied owning this beaut.

Strangely I still didn't see a 'Vauxhall and I' repress in any of the stores I've been to since its release. Which makes me a little nervous about getting one. Though not enough yet to order online and add postage to the damage. Let's see how long it takes until I'm there but hopefully I find a copy before it gets to that.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen