Samstag, 9. August 2014

Gore piano

I honestly have no recollection of how I got introduced to Bohren & der Club of Gore or when that was. All I know is that they can do no wrong.

The oldest release of theirs that I do own is 2000's 'Sunset mission' album. Which, albeit not being their first release I heard, chronologically marks more of a dawning for this band in my collection as this already has all the parts that, further ripened over the two years that passed until its release, made 'Black Earth' to be THE Bohren album.

These two full lengths I just own on CD because the vinyl was long gone before I got hip to them. Oddly enough I'm fine with it and not really looking for the vinyl pressings. If made available at a price I consider decent I'd probably be hard pressed to add it to the collection but I don't think I'll get that lucky and that's ok.

Somehow for me their music works best on CD because I feel that each album should be enjoyed in its entirety without any interruption to get the most out of it.

And still I can't bring myself to buy a new Bohren record on CD while the vinyl version is right there in front of me. As was the case with their latest output.

 

Bohren & der Club of Gore - piano nights LP

[PIAS] Recordings PIASD4804LP

[PIAS] Recordings 556.A090.012

Well, the artwork, undeniably, does work better on a 12" format than on those tiny CD booklets and these days some vinyl releases don't come with a download code but an actual CD as was the case with this one. Meaning I got all the ups with no downer.

I bought this on a Saturday that I was out and about all day until late. Luckily there wasn't much planned for Sunday so after breakfast I laid down on the couch and appropriately appreciated this masterpiece.

Chiller than all

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen