Sonntag, 10. August 2014

Cockney slippers

There's this kind of music which I got more and more into over the last decade. Before that I mostly disregarded it for being a scene of heteronormative macho dudes who drink too much beer and a lot of times have political views that I consider sketchy at least. Yes. I'm talking about Oi. Nothing about that really changed and for the most part I still consider the above to be true but for some reasons I got to hear more and more of the good old classics which made me appreciate the music a lot more. For obvious reasons Blitz are a band that I know and love for a little longer already but this one I sure didn't listen to 10 years ago:

 

Cockney Rejects - flares 'n' slippers 7" - Ugly Pop UP043

This is the official reissue from 2013 that I ordered for our distro and which you can pick up here. It was the bands first vinyl release, no idea if they did a demo, and it instantly became a classic. Selling all of the 5000 first press copies in 2 weeks. Can you imagine getting all these records and then having to send them right out the door again, maybe to a thousand different people/shops? Must have been a nightmare to pack all these orders.

For now I'm ok with this copy but sooner or later, whenever I'll come across an OG copy, I'll add that to the collection. Does anyone know how to tell the first 5000 copies apart from the 2nd press that was made only a few weeks later? My guess is there ain't none.
Share your knowledge.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen