Mittwoch, 7. Januar 2015

Master of puppets

Today I'll post the rest of the records I took of my friend's hand

Metallica - master of puppets LP - 1986 Music For Nations MFN 60































One of the great early Metallica albums and I'm glad I finally got a copy for a really good price. Even though I think it's the weakest one. Not counting the 'black album' and everything thereafter of course. Many of you might not agree with me but the first Metallica record I heard was '...and justice for all' so naturally I love that one. Then I got 'ride the lightning'. Killer. To this day it's my favorite. And if I remember it right 'kill em all' comes in third but I might revise that once I finally have my own vinyl copy. It's been a while since I threw out all those dubbed tapes I never listened to anyway so I don't have that album anywhere to listen to. I don't do last.fm, spotify or any other online crap.





























What I got is a beautiful UK pressing from year of its original release. There were many pressings made that year in the UK. One on a different label. Picture vinyl. Color vinyl. I'm glad I got good old black on MFN. The same label my 'ride the lightning' is on although that one is a Re-Issue double LP released in 1987 that my parents bought for me a year later. My '...and justice for all' is a 1988 original on Vertigo/ Phonogram and was pressed in the Netherlands.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen