Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2014

Sealed Session Ruts

The Ruts - The Peel Sessions 12" - 1986 Strange Fruit SFPS 011









































At first I only liked their Hit Babylon's Burning but after I listened to their eponymous The Crack LP a couple of times it grew on me. No I love it front to back so I didn't have to think for a second when I found this still sealed canadian pressing of their Peel Session. It's a cut out but you can hardly see the tiny hole in the front bottom right corner. I thought to myself what are the chances to find this one unopened but only a day or two later I saw another one in a different shop. Maybe I should have picked that one up too so I could open and listen to one. Then again I'd rob someone else of the chance to add a sealed copy to her / his collection. Not sure if many people are as crazy as I am and keep records sealed even though they don't have a copy to play. But who knows. Maybe someone will be as excited about old sealed records as I am. Currently I have 4 sealed records in my collection that I will never open. Including this one. Two of those are the only copies I have.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen