Dienstag, 9. September 2014

the only circus i'm down with

You might remember that a few posts earlier I mentioned going to the Take Offense / Cold Stare Show and that they those bands didn't have any interesting vinyl for sale. That's because I had already ordered what they did sell that night due to not being sure whether I would go there or not. So this arrived in the mail a couple of days after the show:


Cold Stare - the circus 7" - 2013 Flatspot Records FSR-08


It took me a couple of spins though before I could appreciate this record. But that's a good thing. It means they progressed. Now progress is not always good but in this case it is. You can only write a song so many times before it gets boring. I have a feeling that won't happen here. Maybe they will move into a direction that I can't get behind with their next release but I respect that a hell of a lot more than playing it safe aka churning out the same old boring shit all the time because that's what people expect you to do.


I can't find any pressing info online but I guess I got the more common version out of the two that were pressed, the other being a transparent blue, because that's usually what I end up with when ordering things from a distro. Which to repeat myself I'm totally fine with. Blue, yellow what's the difference.


I'm still missing their s/t 7" which apparently was only pressed once at a capacity of 200. Which probably means I'll never get one. Then again maybe I don't even have to as their is a single compilation LP scheduled to come out on Street Kids Records. I hope it drops soon.

Keep your eyes peeled for the good stuff.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen