Donnerstag, 11. September 2014

mama won't like suzi

Sundays are great for fleamarkets. If the weather is fine and I have the time I like to go there and flip through the record bins people put out. Although in recent years there are more and more professional sellers present who know what they are selling. And a lot of them it seems are getting their prices from discogs. Just looking at what people TRY to sell at instead of what people actually pay. So that one day I went I got home with just one record.


Suzi Quatro - your mama won't like me LP - 1975 Columbia 3C 064-96454 


The attitude that title suggests alone would be reason enough to buy that record. Must have been pretty wild for a woman in 1975 to make that kinda statement. Apart from that I guess you'll have to appreciate the music as what it was when it was released. Today it might seem pretty tame but in 1975? Ok, Velvet Underground, The Stooges, MC5 and the New York Dolls were already on the map but apart from those I don't think there were too many bigger bands like that and probably none with an explicitly female lead character. 

Pictured here is an original italian pressing of her 3rd long player delivering solid glam rock with a hint of punk. Or maybe it was even called glam punk. Not sure there. Don't know too much about that. When it was first released there were several pressings made on different labels in different countries but then it was neglected until it got released on CD for he first time in 2011 and then again in 2012. Yes, that's right. No good re-issue has ever been made of the album so whatever you find is original first press. Go for it!

I just realised that this record is older than me. Not many records in my collection are. Always nice to add one more. Oh and yes, I'm kinda old myself or else a lot of my records would be older than me.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen