Sonntag, 25. Januar 2015

YOTCCME

back on the workforce. not much time lately.

Youth Of Today - can't close my eyes 7" - 1985 Positive Force Records 04








































Youth Of Today was one of the first hardcore bands I came across. But somehow I never got as religiously into them as a lot of other folks. I always liked them and appreciated for their importance in the history of hardcore music but that's that. I never felt them like I did Uniform Choice, Wide Awake, Turning Point and others who except for UC maybe might not have been as crucial but for some reason spoke to me a lot more. Not that I could explain it. Just a feeling.

That being said as a collector I still had to have a first press of their first 7" and now I finally have one. If it wouldn't have been for a friend of mine selling his collection I would probably still not have picked it up. It just wasn't that high up on my priorities list. But I must say once I put the needle to this platter and heard the original recordings for the first time I can understand where all the worship is coming from better. This is a fucking killer. At the time of it's release it must have ripped the whole scene a new one. And of course even today it puts a lot of efforts to shame.








































I never intended to collect this release but I definitely had to have at least one copy for my collection so what better to get than a first press. Yeah I know it's not the most impressive version to get but I don't mind. There are quite a few different pressings and variations out there but as I already mentioned I'm not too much into YOT which is why I'm perfectly satisfied with what I got. Somehow I feel that a first press trumps any other pressing no matter how rare. A rarer first press variation might have been better. If there is one. I don't even know because I never cared enough. Besides I'm a regular guy so a regular 1st press is best for me

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen