Sonntag, 12. Oktober 2014

better late than never

The last two record of this trade are by the same band which was overlooked by many:


State Of Mind - s/t 7" - 2005 Bust Records




























And I cannot even blame people for not paying enough attention to this band because at first I also didn't. Earlier in 2005 they put out their demo tape which I picked up at a show. When listening to it at home I kinda liked it because they had their own pretty unique approach. No other band at the time sounded like them. But somehow it sounded like they were not where they wanted to be although you could clearly hear what they were aiming at. I thought ok it's the demo. Maybe their next release is more consistent.





























Which brings us to this release. Their first 7". Before I had the chance to pick it up in 2005 I heard it at a friend's place and unfortunately, although having improved from the demo, it wasn't yet really good so I didn't pick it up back then.
A few years later though I saw them live again and that was the point when my respect for what they were trying to do turned into an admiration for what they were actually doing. It took them quite a while to get there but boy was it worth the time it took.
All of their 3 12" releases are great which is why I had to fill the holes in my collection.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen