Montag, 29. September 2014

Legal weapon of love

At the same time & place I picked up the Kris & Rita LP I picked up this german pressing:


Legal Weapon - life sentence of love LP - 1988 MCA Records 255 618-1




















Their early material is full on, great hardcore punk but this one is a lot more on the rock side of things. I'd say it's just one way of a natural progression for any band that doesn't want to record the same song over and over. Which as you know I respect. I guess I would not have bought this release if it was just a bad replica of their first record.

Some people see 'strong rock influences' as a bad thing period. To me however it is not that one dimensional. Sure. Rock is also a pretty dirty word in my book as in 70s rock or blues rock but I consider Punk Rock pretty damn great so I like not to discard a record right away because it has strong rock influences. And in this case again I was right to do so. Of course it's nothing extraordinary but definitely worth taking home at the price I paid. It even reminds me of later X at times and that's never bad.

I'll definitely keep my eyes open for the rest of their later catalogue.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen