Montag, 29. September 2014

Kris & Rita

Here we have something most of you probably don't like at all. In fact I do only know one person besides me who is into 70s Country. Sure a lot of people claim to like Country but on further inspection it turns out they are into Johnny Cash's american recordings but don't know shit about anything else. Now those are great records but they are not exactly Country records. And then there are the real Country lovers who like the good old twangy, hillbilly type Country but even a lot of them, at least in my experience, don't care about the softer and more mellow 70s stuff. Admittedly it's not that easy to find good 70s Country records because, let's face it, most of it really does suck but there is the occasional raw diamond to be found hidden on full length albums I bought but wouldn't listen to in full again for money. Anyways...


Kris & Rita - breakaway LP - 1974 Monument ‎– MNT 80547





























Kris Kristofferson is one of the best known representatives of 70s Country. Maybe because Travis Bickle aka the Taxi Driver liked his album 'the silver-tongued devil and I' so much. Of course I do own a copy of that record among others of his too.
I would love to see this guy perform live as he is still on the horse. Unfortunately it didn't work out yet. I guess I have to hurry.

Rita Coolidge on the other hand although also one the better known later Country recording artists could not place a single one of her own LPs in my collection. Not quite sure why. Maybe I should change that as she is doing a hell of a job together with Kris
























The above pictured record is a UK first press of the 2nd album out of 3 they did together. I found it in a local comic book store that also has a used vinyl section. I hardly ever go there but on the same street is a great little vegan cafe that I was to meet my wife at after work and because I was early I went hunting. Glad I did. Glad I was. Especially because it completes this little collection. As you can see below.

There's just something about finding an original pressing of a record that is older than you yourself. Especially if it's in such good shape at 40 years of age. Thanks to whoever took good care of it before me. I'll treat it well until someone will come to pry it from my cold, dead hands.




























Alright! All three LPs they did together pictured above.
Top Left is an original UK pressing of their first effort from 1974.
The one on the bottom is a copy of a UK repress of their last album together from sometime around 1986 probably that was originally released in 1978. I might have to track down an original pressing of that one too. Preferably a UK one.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen