Dienstag, 3. Juli 2012

MOB STYLE

I don't know if I've ever been that siked on a show. Ok. I think I was but there were not many. Though I'd say the recent reunion craze is getting on my nerves a bit this one I'm looking forward to and it better be a good one. This Band released one 7" in 1982. Yes that's right. 30 fucking years ago. And it is one of the best Hardcore singles that were ever released. It's right up there with Black Flag's nervous breakdown, Negative Approach's 1st 7", the Middle Class 7", the Abused 7".... I think you catch my drift.

Now that I probably got you interested (if you have any taste in hardcore at all you should be drooling like me right now) here's what I'm on about:

URBAN fucking WASTE will be playing the annual R'R-Fest in Venlo, Netherlands on Sept. 22nd together with Man Lifting Banner, Citizens Patrol and a whole slew of others. Although the event is not yet mentioned on the Club's site. But that shouldn't be worrying anybody. It's not the first edition ofvthe Fest. Rather the fifth and apparently last one which in my humble opinion is a damn shame.

In 2010 URBAN WASTE released the Recycled LP which has old songs that were never recorded (or at least never released before) and some new tunes. While this is a good record it somehow lacks the punch of their 7" I must say so let's keep our fingers crossed for the live event. As of now I don't have any info on a pre-sale but there's most likely gonna be one that you should use because last years edition was sold out early in the day. Also you might want to bring your survival / first aid gear since I'll be moshin' and skankin' and struttin' like there's no tomorrow ;) (I'm not talking Take Offense here although that's an awesome band too)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen