Freitag, 9. September 2011

We're just living for the... DOWN & OUTS

Seriously how good are "Boys from the blackstuff" and "Friday Nights Monday Mornings"!
When visiting London for Ninja Fest in 2007 with my then girlfriend now wife to meet up with friends from Austria and catch one more show of the almighty Cold World I was floored by the set of a UK band I think I might have heard the name of prior to said event only because they were on Dead & Gone Records but never paid much attention to. Such a great memory and next to the Cold World set it was the best performance from that fest. Ever since I'm having my eyes on the Down & Outs but nothing much is happening. I would really like to see them play live again but there shows in the UK are rare from what I know and I have never heard of the band setting foot on the european mainland. I know there have been offers but they were declined. Such a shame.
But there might be some light at the end of the tunnel. Today I got aware of them posting about a new album they are recording that might or might not be fully recorded by the end of the month. Go follow their profile on a popular social media community so you don't sleep on it. If you're too lazy I'll sure enough try to get the news out to you asap once they come to my attention.
In case you have never heard any of their material check it out here. They list Cock Sparrer and Leatherface among their influences. That alone should make you love them.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen