Sonntag, 3. August 2014

A Minority Unit for a Cold World

Minority Unit is one of my favorite bands from the last few years. That first 7" is all time classic material. And the 2nd one was great too, yet it didn't get up to par so I think they called it quits at the right time. Perfect! Still they don't qualify for being seriously collected by me. Somehow I cannot be bothered anymore to hunt down multiple copies of a record that was originally released after 1998/99.

But despite that I'll pick up doubles or variations to make nice pictures and then trade them for stuff I slept on or just never had the chance to buy.

As was the case with my 2nd Minority Unit - s/t 7" and in late December early January it paid off. I posted my deadformat list in several facebook groups and was approached by someone about the above record which resulted in me finally getting my hands on this little beauty:

 

Cold World - ice grillz 7" Lockin' Out LOR#015

Somehow I only ever saw the CD version for sale at the time it was released. Don't ask me why. I can only guess why. Probably because at the time I didn't check out too many news bands and once I got wind of how good they are it was already sold out. Ten years down the road and that gap is finally closed.

Now I need that first 7" so I can finally sell another one of those dreaded CD releases.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen